Saturday, June 30, 2012

Happy Birthday... - CR84FN57 Week 2!

Hi all! And a Very Happy Sunday to you! 8-) Sure hope you've all been enjoying your weekend..8-)  Well today I'm back with a real quick post for Week 2 of the CR84FN Color Challenge! So you guys still have one more week to play along with our Beautiful Color Combo! Yay! 8-)

I thought I'd try my hand at a clean and simply type card this time! I don't do them too often, so it's fun for me to give them a whirl every now and then. 8-)  I started out with a rectangular panel of kraft CS from my stash cut to size and cut out the Sweet butterflies with the help of my SB Butterfly 2 dies. I used the negative pieces and added some texture with the help of my CB and the Swiss Dots EF. I added a little distressing by lightly shading with SU white craft ink, then inking my edges with a touch of Vintage Photo Distress ink and then popped my panel up with a bit of foam tape. My mat and BG layer was created with some ivory CS from my stash and dp from Fancy Pants' Pretty Summer Soul Collection. And to finish it all up, I stamped my SU sentiment directly onto my card base and added a couple of mini roses from MAD Stamper Finds.. 8-)

Here are the Beautiful CR84FN Colors...
For all the CR84FN Challenge details, please be sure to visit the CR84FN Blog. And Of course, please do go and check out the Wonderful creations the rest of the Super talented DT has put together for your inspiration..l Sure hope you can join us!



Hope you all have a Wonderful day & thanks so much for stopping by! 8-)

Thanks for stopping by!

25 comments:

  1. Beautiful Shannon! I love the die cute void butterflies. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, I just LOVE those pink swirly butterflies with the roses! GORGEOUS! LOVE you CAS take as well! Pretty card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Shannon gorgeous card love the pink and brown together great design. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card Shannon! Love the fancy butterflies and the dry embossed background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful Shannon, I love the pretty pink patterned paper and the die cut butterfly apertures, great texture with the embossing too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card , fab embossing and distressing , I just make a mess when I distress.
    I love the butterflies and you have chosen such a pretty pink pattern, well done its a delightful card Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! Shannon. I love this colour combo, it's one of my favourites. Your butterflies look stunning x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful, gorgeous butterflies, and loving the colour combo, huggies Juen xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Shannon ! I love those colours and your butterflies, so elegant. Hope your weekend is going well, you've been busy creating. Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shannon your fluttery butterflies are so pretty, love the little roses!

    ReplyDelete
  11. TOTAL LOVE!!! It's gorgeous Shannon!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful Shannon and love those butterflies. the colour is gorgeous
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww this is gorgeous Shannon! what beautiful butterflies!! and they are so pretty with the embossed kraft!
    Hope you're having a nice evening!
    Big Hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty!!!! I just love the how you did the butterflies with the flowers. The card actually looks 3D to me, yet so CAS, great job. Have a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those butterflies look like they're made from fabric - WOW!! You do CAS just as well as embellished cards!! I love this one!!! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I do like the way you've used the die cut negatives with that beautiful paper beneath. These butterflies are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely die cuts and the pop of pink behind is sweet! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's nice to do a simple card now and then, isn't it? Those butterflies are gorgeous! Love the pink and kraft with the Swiss Dot embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous CAS Shannon!! I love the colors and your beautiful butterflies!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this color combo, Shannon, the butterflies are gorgeous and I love the sweet roses!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this design especially the bold pink butterflies...they are gorgeous

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love how you used the colors! The butterflies are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love those butter lies and polka dot embossing is one of my favs! Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I truly Love receiving your comments, they always make me smile... Thanks so much for taking the time to visit today... 8-)