Thursday, November 15, 2012

Wihmsie Doodles Challenge - Holiday Celebration - SSSC171!

Hi all! And a Very Happy Thursday to you!  This month over at the Whimsie Doodles blog, we are challenging you to create a card or project with with a Fun Holiday theme, It can be any Holiday, not just Fall Holidays, so come join in the Fun! 8-) 
I thought I'd share a couple of projects with you all this time.. First up, I am featuring Melyssa's Darling Penguin Hugs Image! Isn't he just the Sweetest! 8-) I colored Him up with my trusty Copics, did a little fussy cutting and popped him up with a bit of Foam tape onto layered SB Classic Circles die cuts, that I added a few Cute emboss resist snowflakes to with White EP and Tumbled Glass Distress ink. My mats and BG layers were created with Brown CS from my stash, and some Darling dp's from Echo Parks Very Merry Christmas 6x6 collection sent to me by my Sweet Friend Tress! Thanks for the Awesome dp's! Lady! 8-) & To finish it all up I added my Sweet WD Kissmas Ginger Sentiment  onto a hand cut banner tag.The Awesome Sketch is Karen Giron's for SSSC171!...8-)

Next up I am featuring Melyssa's Super Cute Snowmies image!! 8-)
I just LOVE these Adorable little Snowmen, Fun Punny sentiment and all!! 8-) LOL They just make me smile..8-)  Well, I colored up my Sweet Snowmies with my trusty Copics and did a little paper piecing too. I cut them out and scored the edges with the help of my Score Pal for a nice clean look, then matted them up and popped them up with a bit of foam tape. My Mats & BG layers were created again with Brown CS from my stash and dp's from Echo Park's Very Merry Christmas 6x6 Collection. And to finish it all up I just added some liquid applique, a couple of TE Make a Snowflake Die cuts in felt topped off with a couple of Sweet adhesive pearls... 8-)


So!..Would you like to be a Guest Designer for a month?! 8-)... If so, be sure to use a Whimsie Doodles image in your creation and put an asterisk ( * )after your name when you link up your entry! Details can be found on the Whimsie Doodles Blog!


Now Hop on over to the Whimsie Doodles Blog and check out what my fellow Doodlelicious Divas have whipped up for the challenge! 8-)

Here's Miss Karen's Fab Sketch...


Hope you all have a Super day & Thanks so much for dropping in! 8-)
Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

  1. Both are simply so fun and beautiful!! Love the rich colors in the papers and your amazing coloring~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! Chillin with my snowmies! That is TOO funny! LOL These are adorable Shannon. You are such a gifted card designer. Lots of inspiration to be found here. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Shannon, these are both so stinkin' cute! Your coloring is gorgeous....love the layouts you used too!

    Hugs,
    tracy Valure

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both so adorable, I love the cute images the penguin is adorable and the papers and layouts are absolutely gorgeous on both cards
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL! LOVE the sentiments on these cards, Shannon, especially "chillin' with my snowmies" LOL Of course the cards are beyond darling, and beautifully colored. Love that Christmas Tree background paper, too. (((huggers)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are delightful! I cannot decide which I like better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two precious cards - and pretty to boot! Love those images you used Shannon! So pretty!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are so festive and beautifully colored. LOVE the penguin. Just too cute with the chocolates.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! My! Word! these are just so darned cute, I love everything about them.

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are both beautifully colored and so darned cute! I love those snowmies :) Great paper piecing too! I made 3 cards today with that same EP paper pack - GMTA! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGoodness! These are both super cute! I love the fun Christmas papers and images. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards with the perfect holiday feeling!! Love the colours and the images are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww both of these are adorable Shannon! As always your coloring is awesome!! Fabulous papers and design!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Christmas designs Shannon. Great combination of designer papers and your coloring is awesome ! The three snowmen are so cute ! Have a great weekend, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cards are so cute Shannon and it looks to me like that little penguin could use some chocolate kisses! that's what I need to do is chill with my snowmies! Over a cup of hot chocolate - now that sounds good!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh these are sooooooooooo cute!! Love the way you cut the penguin out.

    ReplyDelete

I truly Love receiving your comments, they always make me smile... Thanks so much for taking the time to visit today... 8-)