Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Hope you Hugged a Veteran Yesterday! 8-)

Hi All! And a Very Happy Tuesday to you! I am back today with a Super Quick Post hat I meant to put it up Yesterday!! But have been a bit under the weather, and ended up bundled up on the couch with a big bowl of Home made chili and watched all kinds of military movies with my Darling Hubby, a retired Marine.. And as the saying goes, "Once a Marine, Always a Marine!" lol And completely forgot to do my post for the Card I made for him For Veteran's Day.. 8-) 
I kept it pretty simple, more so than I usually do, but My DH has always advised me that when it comes to cards for Guys, less is more.. lol 8-) And even though I still feel like I need to add something more to this card, He absolutely Loved it.. So as long as it made his day, I am a happy camper! lol 8-)
For my Hubby's card I dug out my Verve American Hero set  and stamped my sentiment focal panel with Memento Tuxedo Black. I cut it out with the help of my Classic Squares Nesties set and added a touch of shading with Antique Linen Distress ink while the die was still in place, colored in the stars with a gold metallic gel pen, ( It actually looks more like gold IRL..lol.) and popped it up with a bit of foam tape.  My mats and BG layers were created with kraft CS from my stash and some Fun Patriotic dp's from K&Co's Americana Stack.  And to finish it all up, I added some hemp twine and a Marine appropriate dimensional sticker from K& Co.  Pretty easy peasy, huh?... 8-)

Hope you all had Terrific Veteran's Day and are having a Super Tuesday! Thanks for stopping by! 8-) 
Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon, this is a gorgeous card, the colors are perfect for the very meaningful theme. I hope you feel better soon, there are nasty 'bugs' around. I'm fighting it myself, I've been winning. Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic card love the layout is fabulous. Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card and sentiment!! Enjoy your evening, Colinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol, your husband sounds like mine! He's not a fan of the "froo froo" either. Your card is perfect for the manly man. Hope you get to feeling better! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super patriotic card! Love the paper and the little hat! Take care, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww this is fab Shannon!! wonderful sentiment and the colours and scrummy papers are just perfect!
    Sorry you aren't feeling well hun… I really hope you feel better soon!
    Love and hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect card for a guy and know your husband loved it! Like the CAS design and the twine is the finishing touch! Great card!
    Hope you start feeling better!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card!! That hat is the perfect touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great card for your DH, and I'd say it's perfect for a guy! I love the camo hat, what a great accent! Please tell your hubster "thanks for serving" for me, and give him a big Veteran's day hug :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect card, of course, and so-meaningful a sentiment. Thanks for posting this appropriate card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a fab card, and I love the little military hat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card, Shannon! I sent a link of your post to my Marine grandson, stationed with his family in Okinawa. He was too far away to hug, but I sent an e-mail to tell him how much his service is appreciated. Of course, he might discount that a bit since I'm his Nana, and that's why I wanted him to see your post, too. :-D Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sweet. I didn't even think to make my DH anything. You are too good!

    ReplyDelete

I truly Love receiving your comments, they always make me smile... Thanks so much for taking the time to visit today... 8-)