Thursday, October 11, 2012

Taylored Expressions Calendar Challenge October!

Hi all! Welcome to the October edition of the Taylored Expressions Monthly Calendar Challenge!   You are all invited to play along. All you need to do is use any calendar product from the TE store and link your project to the Inlinkz button on Taylor's blog.  If you play along in 10 or more of the monthly challenges, you will be entered in a drawing to win a TE prize pack valued at over $150!!  Please use the keyword TECALCHALwhen entering your project to online galleries.  Getting a late start?  It's perfectly okay, all you need to do is link up your projects at any time in the coordinating month's Inlinkz on Taylor's blog before December 31st.
I will be using the Perpetual Calendar each month. The Perpetual Occasions calendar is the perfect solution for keeping track of birthdays, anniversaries, and other important occasions!! The calendar is printed on sturdy 100 lb. white cardstock with blank inserts separating each month. The blank inserts can be decorated any way you choose. It can be used year after year and it makes a wonderful gift. You can see all the Fabulous calendar products HERE
For my October page I chose to use the Totally Tags Halloween Set set! I just LOVE all the Halloween tags and thought a few of them would make perfect headstones for a spooky graveyard scene, complete with a big old harvest moon, lol 8-)... I stamped my Headstones with Memento Tuxedo Black ink,  onto some grey CS from my stash, cut them out with the Totally Tags Dies and popped them up with a bit of foam tape.. I created my Spooky BG clouds with the TE Clouds Border Die, Dusty Concord Distress ink and a small stippling brush. I added the ground with the help of my trusty Copics and the full harvest moon with an SB Classic Circles Die cut shaded with Wild Honey and Rusty Hinge Distress inks. To finish it all up I added a bit more shading with Dusty Concord and some Fun Spider webs and Spiders created with the Spiderweb Border Die, the Spiders & Spiderweb Dies and a little Stardust Stickles just for Fun! 8-)

And be sure to stop by and see what the rest of the Baker's Dozen have created with their calendars:


  • Jen Shults
  • Jodi Collins
  • Karen Giron
  • Melody Rupple
  • Regina Mangum
  • Shannon White (You are here! )
  • Shelly Mercado
  • Stephanie Kraft
  • Taylor VanBruggen

  • Here are the items I used in my project today, and you can find them at the TE Store...

    Hope you all have a Super day & Thanks so much for dropping in! 8-)
    Thanks for stopping by!

    13 comments:

    1. Fun and CUTE! Love the spider that looks like he's about to eat the owl! LOL!
      Lynn

      ReplyDelete
    2. Shannon this is just too cute!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Your headstones are super cute...I mean scary! And I love how you added the spiders and webbing to the lower portion of the calendar, really bringing it all together.

      ReplyDelete
    4. Totally Creepy! I love the purple around the date page!

      ReplyDelete
    5. This is such a cute calender page and perfect for October with all those spiders and gravestones! I love it all, even the spider trying to eat the owl like Lynn said :)

      ReplyDelete
    6. Ooooh, your calendar is so cute! Perfect for Halloween and your spiders are awesome! Loving your tombstones too, nice and spooky! :)

      ReplyDelete
    7. This is darling, Shannon! Love all the Halloween goodness that you put on your October calendar page!

      ReplyDelete
    8. What a super idea, I love it, wonderful "spooky" bits
      Have a Great Day

      Patricia

      ReplyDelete
    9. Oh I love your spooky calendar Shannon!! Awesome colors and I love the sparkly spiders!
      Hugs, Tammy

      ReplyDelete
    10. Oh Wow! what a fab design Shannon! Love that gorgeous sky and the gravestones and spiders look brilliant …. love the webs!! :-))
      Big Hugs
      Sue xx

      ReplyDelete
    11. Totally fun project! Love the little tombstones, and the spiders...so cute! hugs, Kimberly

      ReplyDelete
    12. How fun is this! I love it girl! :)

      Hugs~

      ReplyDelete

    I truly Love receiving your comments, they always make me smile... Thanks so much for taking the time to visit today... 8-)