Saturday, July 16, 2011

You Light Up My Life!

Hi All! And a very Happy Saturday to you. Today I am back with another Fabulous Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge! Yay! This one was a lot of fun for me, since Christmas is my all time Favorite Holiday and our sketch this week has a Christmas in July theme.  The hard part for me, is once I start my Christmas cards, it's hard to stop and go on to other projects.. lol.. But, I made a deal with myself, that I will just keep making one or two Christmas cards a week..and then by the time the Holidays roll around I should be all set with my Christmas cards, so all around, it's a Good thing.. 8-)  So without further delay, here is the Sweet Stop Sketch #117 for this week:


And here is my take on it, with my very first Christmas card of the year! Yay! 8-)


Well, I printed out my Darling Sweet N Sassy Digi Snowman onto Flourishes Classic White and colored him up with my trusty Copics and a touch of shading with Antique Linen Distress Ink.  I matted up my image and created my BG panels with a combination of red CS from my stash and some Fabulous Christmas dp's from K&Co.  I also added a bit of texture with some kraft CS from my stash, my CB and the divine swirls embossing folder. And to finish it all up,  I popped up my Adorable Snowman image and BG panel with some dimensionals, added some pretty natural crochet lace, a bit of red velvet ribbon and a sweet vintage brad from my stash to top it all off.  Pretty easy peasy, huh? 8-)  
Sure hope you will play along with us, can't wait to see what you all come up with.  Not to mention it's a great way to get an ealry start on your Christmas cards.. 8-)  And please, make sure to stop by and take a peek at the rest of the Sweet Stop Sugar Babies Fabulous creations!


The Sugar Babies
Cathy
Janice
Jennipher

Hope you are all enjoying a Wonderful weekend & thanks so much for visiting today! 8-)
Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Shannon, your papers are a perfect match for this adorable snowman...love the polka dots and your fabulous coloring! Congratulations on completing your first Christmas card of the year...what a good plan for getting them finished in time for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!! WOW! This really makes Mr. Snowman pop. So pretty with that wonderful patterned paper too. Beautiful coloring!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! Love the patchwork style paper along the bottom and that yummy lace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute Shannon. Great job with the sketch. :)
    Hugs~

    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, Shannon! Now I'm starting to get the Christmas Card bug - you guys are so inspirational!
    Hugs,
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty winter card Shannon. Love the cute snowman, the papers... the coloring is perfect. The ribbon/lace/button combo is fabulous. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This snowman is so danged CUTE! I love the patchwork bottom half of your card, and the crochet lace and velvet red look fabulous! Your coloring is just awesome on this fun image!
    Have a super Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is GORGEOUS Shannon!! Your coloring is awesome!! I love the beautiful blue glow around your snowman! Fantastic papers too! I hope you are enjoying your Sunday!!
    Hugs, Tammy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shannon, this is toooooo cute! I love snowen so this jumped right out at me. Plus, I love dots. You've used some fun paper. Love it..love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! The papers are darling with this happy image. I need to do this, too. Just can't seem to get started on them in the summertime, darn it.

    ReplyDelete

I truly Love receiving your comments, they always make me smile... Thanks so much for taking the time to visit today... 8-)