Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Hello Friend...Timeless Tuesday GD!

Hi all and a very Happy Tuesday to you! I have some Super Exciting news to share with everyone today! The Terrificly Talented Tammy Hershberger and the Fabulous Ladies of Flourishes Timeless Tuesday have asked me to join them as their Guest Designer for the month of July!  I can't even begin to tell you how excited and truly honored I am to have been asked to join them this month... You see, these Phenomenal Ladies are the ones that I go see when I am in need of inspiration! 8-)
Well, this week, for  Timeless Tuesday Challenge #125,  Miss Heather is asking for us to make a card for a friend, either across the miles or nearby, and your card must have "Friend" in the sentiment...


For my creation today, I chose to use Flourishes Friendly Reminders set, which I've had in my stash for a while now and had really been wanting to ink up, and thought it would be just perfect for this weeks Challenge... 8-)
I stamped the little Summery Straw Hat onto Flourishes Classic White with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored it up with my Trusty Copics using Flourishes Flesh Tones Collection 1, Y21 and the Lilac Collection.  I very carefully cut out my image and popped it up with dimensionals onto a Classic Nesties Circle that had been shaded with a touch of Peeled Paint Distress Ink and then matted them up with the help of my Blossom Nesties set, which I also popped up with dimensional.  My mats and BG were created using Basic Grey's Beautiful Kioshi pack which I thought was a pretty good match for my cheerful summery image. To finish it all up, I stamped my Flourishes sentiment directly onto my BG with Memento Tuxedo Black, added a Sweet MS punched border, a bit of pretty lavender ribbon from Michaels and a fun little button all tied up with hemp twine from my stash.
Sure hope you will play along with us, can't wait to see what you all come up with.  And please make sure to stop by and take a peek at the Gorgeousness the rest of the Timeless Tuesday Ladies have created for your inspiration!

Cindy Haffner
Iwona Palamountain ( Filling in for Betty and Maki)
Heather Jensen
Silke Ledlow
Tammy Hershberger


Hope you all have a Fabulous Day & thanks so much for stopping by! 8-)
Thanks for stopping by!

38 comments:

  1. Hi Shannon your layers are so PRETTY, I'm so HAPPY that you are joining us FOF gals this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Shannon. Love that pretty hat and the colors. The border pounch is perfect. Congrats on being the Guest Designers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful design, Shannon! That's one of my most favorite stamp sets! So glad to have you join us this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so glad to have you join us this month. Your card is just darling. I think I need this set too. I love the purple ribbon on the hat. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful card and I love that colors that you used.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the way you cut out the image, it really looks list ribbons hanging from the hat. Very pretty!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card and awesome cutting.Congrats on being this month's guest designer. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card and such amazing cutting. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card with a beautiful color scheme! Congrats on the guest DT position.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet card Shannon! Love the beautiful bonnet! Congrats on your GD spot! So well deserved :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shannon, CONGRATS to YOU! MUST be the light tent! LOL and just kidding! A well deserved design spot for you! CUTE card! LOVE the hat and how you cut the ribbons out! And LOVE your perfect bow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, this is sweet, sweet, SWEET! Love the colors and those fun Kioshi papers. Never thought of cutting the hat out like this. Perfect idea! Also, the Blossom Nesties are some of my favorites. This came together beautifully! Congrats on your guest spot with the FOF Team!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet card Shannon! Love the colours you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your layers are so pretty - nice coloring too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how summery amd pretty!! Love those colors!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW this is gorgeous Shannon!! I love how you cut out that hat..the ribbon part is awesome! Beautiful colors and details!!!
    Hugs, Tammy :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is fabulous Shannon!! The color combo and details are so beautiful!
    I'm so glad you join with us this month! I just love your beautiful & elegant style!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awww...that is just a sweet summer design!

    ReplyDelete
  19. HUGE congrats on your GDT invitation! Your card is just fabulous!!! I love the colors, papers and especially the hat! So girly and pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that hat. You did such an amazing job of layering and coordinating all the colours in your bg paper.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Shannon, this is just marvelous!!! So pretty and a perfect little image. Just wonderful.
    Also, so excited for you about the GD spot!! WOOHOO!!! They're getting a good one for sure!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for your kind words about my card and for following me. Congrats on your GDT invitation.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WELCOME to the team this month! We are so thrilled to have you Shannon! Your card turned out beautiful...love the colors! Hope you are enjoying youself so far??? Hugs ~S~

    ReplyDelete
  24. Congrats, Shannon....I know you'll make some beautiful creations this month for Flourishes.
    Love what you've done with this image and I so love purples and greens together. Gorgeous card.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gosh, I am glad I checked. I thought I had already commented on your card. Love how you showcased that pretty hat and I love the purple and green together. Congrats on being GDT this month...what fun you'll have.

    ReplyDelete
  26. So pretty. Love the layering. Congratulation for being a Guest Designer.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your card and all the layers. Lucious coloring and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  28. gorgeous colors and the hat is perfect on that die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful and very fresh colors! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful and very fresh colors! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congratulations Shannon! I know you'll create some beautiful things! This card is so lovely! Great cut-work and I love the colors with the Kioshi paper too!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello and congrats on the GD spot! Love your card with all the layers and that cute cute cute little hat that you had the patience to cut out with those long flowing ribbons! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a cute card--love what you did with the hat and ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello! Congratulations to this month so that your guest designer! I do not see posts from yesterday and write again. Hopefully this time to happen! Your card is wonderful! Very fresh and summer mood! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congrats on being asked to be GD and very well done too!! Love your colors and what a pretty hat.

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a lovely card. I never thought about putting purple and green together...it's beautiful.

    My apologies for not commenting sooner. Can't wait to see what you do with your Guest Designer spot. Beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete

I truly Love receiving your comments, they always make me smile... Thanks so much for taking the time to visit today... 8-)