Friday, July 8, 2011

Hello...

Hi all and a very Happy Friday to you!  I have a super quick post today as I have way too many things on my to do list and barely enough time to get them all done! lol... I know you have all had days like that as well, so without further delay...

For today's post I thought I would play along with a few challenges, CR84FN # 33, Mojo Monday's Sketch #198    Challenge/Contest and Impression Obsession's "Hello" Challenge..  And let me tell you, this card was definitely a challenging one, lol... It just did not want to come together easily..lol  In fact at one point I almost considered scrapping it and starting all over, But I really hate to do that... I really hate to be wasteful of time, energy and supplies.. lol... so I walked away from it for a bit, went on too a different project and came back to it and did a little tweaking  here and there...  Anyway, long story short, this is what I finally settled on, and I'm still really not sure if I like it or not.. lol  But here it is, none the less.. 8-)


I stamped my Impression Obsession Butterfles  by Sarah Phelps directly onto my Basic Grey Bittersweet dp with Memento Tuxedo Black. I cut my Sweet little butterflies out and added the little wire antennas, and pink pearl bodies, attached them to a Journaling label that I matted up with the help of my Nesties labels 18 and some red CS from my stash and popped the ensemble up with dimensionals. My background was created using a combo of more red CS from my stash & the same Basic Grey Bittersweet DP and it just ended up just looking way too bright, so I very lightly and carefully sponged on some White Frost pigment ink to soften the colors a bit..  I stamped my Impression obsession sentiment onto a little layered oval that I had left over from a previous project, with Memento Tuxedo Black and popped it up with dimensionals.  And to finish it all up I added a bit of pink seem binding ribbon  a fun little button and some bakers twine form MAD Stamper Finds.  

Hope you all Have a Fabulous weekend & thanks so much for dropping in! 8-)
Thanks for stopping by!

14 comments:

  1. So very sweet Shannon. Love the darling butterflies. Thanks for playing with us at CR84FN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Shannon, how creative do you get? This is just wonderful and your use of the dies, etc. is outstanding! Thanks for playing, Shannon, and good luck in the drawing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on all 3 challenges! Love your butterflies :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure am glad you didn't "scrap" this as it's beautiful! LOVE everything about it. Gorgeous butterflies!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Shannon this is a beautiful card, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty! Fab use of this weeks colors using the BG papers! The butterfiles make wonderful embellies! Thanks for playing along with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Shannon! Love all the layers and sweet fluttering butterflies! Thanks for joining us at CR84FN and Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty card Shannon! Love the fun and funky retro look! Those butterflies are gorgeous! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, so pretty Shannon. Love the lovely butterflies. You combined the challenges beautifully. Enjoy your weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Очень красивая открытка! Великолепно!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shannon, this is so CUTE! LOVE the paper and your FAB FAB butterflies! LOVE the bling! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful and elegant card with great colors, I love the paper and the the Fabulous Butterflies are darling!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is just beautiful! Those butterflies look incredible! Thanks for playing Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it!! The layout is so beautiufl and your butterflies so pretty! And I adore the funky paper. Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete

I truly Love receiving your comments, they always make me smile... Thanks so much for taking the time to visit today... 8-)