Saturday, July 30, 2011

Sky's the Limit!

Hi all and a very Happy Saturday to you! Today I am back with another Fabulous Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge! Yay!  I had a bit of a creative block with this one.. lol.. Couldn't for the life of me decide what I wanted to do with this weeks sketch, so it sat on my crafting table for quite a while..Then one evening, earlier this week, I was passing through my crafts room and glanced at my crafting table which was seriously cluttered with the remnants of various finished projects I had not put away yet, lol..And amongst the mess, was a single image, of a hot air balloon.. and Bingo! I knew exactly what to do with our Sweet Stop Sketch! 8-)  Funny where our ideas come from sometimes..8-) So without further delay, here's the Sweet Stop Sketch #119 for this week:

And here's my take on it.. I stuck pretty much with Korin's Awesome sketch.. Didn't change a thing, unless you count my images rising out of their two little square panels.. 8-)


Well I stamped my Fun Hot air Balloons from Verve's Up, up and Away set onto Flourishes Classic White  with Memento Tuxedo Black. I did a little paper piecing using some Darling dp's from the Stella & Rose "Mabel" collection from MME that I also used for my two long rectangular BG panels too, and added a bit of coloring and shading with my trusty Copics and a touch of Antique Linen Distress Ink.  I matted everything up with the help of my Classic Squares and Scalloped Squares Nesties and some kraft CS from my stash. I created my Big fluffy clouds  BG using a fab cloud template from Bev Rochester ( that my Wonderful SRU team mate Marilyn Scheller shared with me), Tumbled Glass Distress Ink and a small stenciling brush... And to finish it all up, I popped up my Darling images with some dimensionals, stamped my Lil' Inkers Sentiment using Memento Rich Cocoa onto my lower image panel and added a bit of yummy aqua bakers twine from MAD Stamper Finds... Pretty easy peasy, huh? 8-)..
I Sure hope you can play along with us, can't wait to see your take on this weeks sketch! And please, make sure to stop by and take a peek at the rest of the Sweet Stop Sugar Babies Fabulous creations!


The Sugar Babies
Cathy
Janice
Jennipher


Hope you all have a Wonderful Weekend & thnaks so much for stopping by! 8-)
Thanks for stopping by!

23 comments:

  1. OMGosh Shannon, I just I ADORE this!! Brilliant idea with the hot air balloons and I love the paper piecing!! This is truly fabulous, love everything about it.

    BTW ~ what template did you use to create those gorgeous clouds? or did you make it?

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!
    Hugs,
    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon,
    Great cards, colors are so bright and colorful and the hot air ballons are great.

    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic sketch and a fabulous card! Lovin' that sky too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. For someone who struggled you sure knocked this one out of the park! This is fabulous!! I love your cloud background and those beautiful balloons were perfect for the sketch! Awesome job, Shannon :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty card Shannon! Love the balloons and the clouds in the background. What a great take on the sketch! The paper-piecing is perfect. Enjoy your weekend girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a winner, Shannon! Beautiful colors and lovely design as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shannon this is soooo cute!! LOVE your cloud BG you made and the paper pieced ballons are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous Shannon!! Fantastic design and I LOVE the paper piecing! ...perfect clouds!! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
    Hugs, Tammy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shannon, I just love the out of the box balloons...how perfect for this week's sketch! Fabulous clouds, DP, twine...CARD!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your take on this sketch is the coolest! Seriously, I love how you clouded up the background and have the hot air balloons popping out of their squares. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the scene you've created! The sky, those balloons, the DP and twine - it's all a perfect match and such eye candy to boot! NJ!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Tough sketch but your hot air balloons with the clouds in the background are genius! LOVE the striped paper and the twine, too! FAB card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card Shannon! Love the hot air balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card!!! Love the layout and how you have the balloons and what can I say about those awesome clouds. Have a sunshine day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh what an adorable and uplifting card! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh Shannon, I love what you did with this sketch! I love your balloons rising out of the squares. And your sponged sky background? Simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute cute and more cute. Great layout and wonderful
    up in the air card. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow Shannon you made this sketch come to life, i love what you've done with this!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So cute! I love those hot air balloons and sponged clouds. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  20. Shannon this is just WONDERFUL!! I do love how you combined the clouds and stripes with the little balloons popped up !! Totally fun ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this card Shannon... so cheery! And look at those clouds, oh my gosh... perfect!

    ReplyDelete

I truly Love receiving your comments, they always make me smile... Thanks so much for taking the time to visit today... 8-)