Saturday, July 23, 2011

Special Delivery!

Hi All! And a very Happy Saturday to you!  I'm back with another Fun Fabulous Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge. Yay! This was another fun one for me, cause I took one look at the sketch and new exactly which image I would use, it's one from A Day for Daisies that I had been wanting to color up for a while now.. 8-)  So without further delay.... Here is the Sweet Stop Sketch #118  for this week:


And here's my take on it.. I did tweak it just a tiny bit though by putting my vertical ribbon embellie behind my image instead of on top...


Well I printed out my Darling Little girl and her puppies from A Day for Daisies onto Flourishes Classic White and and colored them up with my trusty Copics ( of Course..lol).  I did a little paper piecing for her Sweet little jumper using some super pretty Vintage Whimsy dp's by TheGirls Paperie that I also used for my BG panels and then matted everything up with some kraft CS from my stash.  I created my Big fluffy clouds using a cloud template, Tumbled Glass Distress Ink, but this time instead of using a small sponge, I used a small stenciling brush... I think they turned out a lot better than my last attempt at clouds.. lol.. So looks like I'll be using this technique for my clouds from this point forward.. 8-) And that's pretty much it, I popped up my Darling image with some dimensionals, stamped my Flourishes Sentiment using Memento Rich Cocoa directly onto my BG, added a bit of green gingham ribbon from my stash and a sweet vintage brad to top it all off.
Sure hope you can play along with us, can't wait to see what you all come up with.  And please, make sure to stop by and take a peek at the rest of the Sweet Stop Sugar Babies Beautiful creations!



The Sugar Babies
Cathy
Janice
Jennipher

Hope you are all enjoying a Wonderful weekend & thanks so much for visiting today! 8-)
Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. Shannon...this is just adorable! Love the sweet image and her paper pieced jumper! How can you resist anything with puppies! (LOL!) I'm not familiar with these images..I'll have to go check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet Shannon. I love this darling image with the animals in the wagon. Too cute! :)
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon this is adorable!! I love this image, paper piecing and pretty sky background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Fun image and beautiful coloring as always. Love those clouds in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ADORABLE!!! So very cute Shannon and love the image too. Terrific clouds!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Shannon,
    What a sweet card, love the image, great colors.
    Awesome job.
    Have a wonderful weekend
    Judie

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty Shannon! Love the sweet image... your coloring is perfect as usual! The ribbon with the brad is perfect! Enjoy your weekend girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card Shannon! Love the paper pieced dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, those puppies in the wagon are just TOO cute!! I love the blue skies and pretty coloring of this sweet image! It just makes me want to smile:) Nice job on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute card Shannon!! I like your paper piecing and the sky you added.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like this a lot Shannon.... such a fab image and great choice of paper and colours. And look at those perfect clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMGosh! How totally adorable! and so pretty too!

    ReplyDelete

I truly Love receiving your comments, they always make me smile... Thanks so much for taking the time to visit today... 8-)