Saturday, August 18, 2012

Let it Snow - SSS172

Hi all! And a Very Happy Sweet Stop Sketch Saturday to you too! 8-) Hope you all had a Wonderful week! Mine's been Busy Busy, but Good! 8-) Well, today I'm back with the latest  Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge, Yay!  And since it's the third Saturday of the Month,we have a fun spin for you too, so you know there's a Terrific prize up for grabs to one Very lucky winner! 8-) Our spin this time is "Die cuts or Punches" 8-) So without further delay, here's my take on Miss Korin's Fabulous sketch and the spin..
Well, I completely missed out on all the fun Christmas in July festivities, so I thought I would have a little bit of Christmas in August, lol 8-)... Actually you will be seeing more holiday type posts from me a bit more often as we draw closer to the holidays, I am attempting to start earlier this year, then I did last year.. lol... I printed out my Adorable SNSS Chilly Paulie image onto Flourishes Classic White and colored up this little Sweetie with my trusty Copics. I fussy cut him out and matted him up with the help of my Scallop Circles Nesties set and popped him up with a bit of foam tape. For my mats and BG layers, I chose a combination of ivory CS from my stash, some Adorable dp's from Fancy Pants Saint Nick 6x6 Collection. To finish it all up, I added a fun MFT Die-Namic Icicle border, a Darling MFT Die-Namic Let it Snowflake die cut, and glittered them both up with Stardust Stickles. I stamped my I/O Sentiment onto an MFT Die-Namic mini tabs die cut with Memento Rich Cocoa and added a bit of Fun snowflake ribbon from my stash and Voila! 8-) There you have it , My Very first Christmas card of 2012! Yay! 8-)

And Here's Miss Korin's Awesome Sketch..
I sure hope you can play along with us at The Sweet Stop! Can't wait to see what you all come up with this week! 8-) And as always, please, make sure to stop by and take a peek at the Wonderful creations the rest of the Super Talented Sugar Babies have put together for your inspiration. Leave them a little Love too, it's Always greatly Appreciated. 8-)    

The Sugar Babies
                                                                                Cathy
Wendy( on vacation )

                                                          
Hope you all have a Fantastic day & thanks so much for visiting! 8-)

Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

  1. Your first Christmas card of the year is adorable, Shannon! The cool colors of your DP are perfect for Paulie! Love the sparkle and the snowflake ribbon, too! Now you've inspired me to get this set out and maybe come up with a card using the penguin! LOL! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so festive! Love those fancy papers with the whimsical image!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun winter card with that cute bear image! I love the stripes and snowflakes and your amazing coloring too! Sending weekend {hugs} your way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Shannon ! I love the colour combo and the 'snow' with the red ribbon. The snowflake die cut & button are a great touch ! Have a wonderful weekend, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute Shannon. Love the cute snowflake ribbon and fab coloring. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ho cute is this little guy? With a face like that, how could you resist? Very sweet little bear Shannon, love the layout and those papers... I want!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGosh Shannon this is ADORABLE!! I need to use this sketch with that icile punch sometime too! LOVE everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling winter card! You colored the bear beautifully! Love the paper and snowflake ribbon, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how adorable this is! Love the ribbon and the icicle border and absolutely everything else about it, too. I might finish my first Christmas card this weekend, but that still remains to be seen. I'll be scrambling later if I don't get a move on!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it!! Beautiful papers, icicle border and that polar bear is so cute!! Have a sunny sunday, Colinda

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH, How cute! That bear is just to adorable, and love the ice sickle border..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh how CUUUUUTE! LOOOOOOVE the icicle border!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a darling winter card Shannon. Love that snowman image. Perfect for the circle element of the sketch. Love the papers and the icicles with the sparkle. The snowflake looks great with the button. Nice design!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Shannon this is so sweet. What a great image!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is adorable, Shannon. Living in Alaska, I can't really agree with the sentiment though!! Winter snow comes all too soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome Christmas card! Love how you've framed him up and the icicles are so cool.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  17. I adore your coloring with this one, what a sweet face! Gorgeous interpretation on the sketch, the icicles border is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all the colors and how you did the layout of this card Shannon.

    ReplyDelete

I truly Love receiving your comments, they always make me smile... Thanks so much for taking the time to visit today... 8-)