Thursday, August 9, 2012

Taylored Expressions August Release Day! 8-)

Hi All! And a Very Happy Thursday to you! I'm so Excited to share that it's Finally Release Day at Taylored Expressions! Whoo Hoo!! 8-) And all the Fabulous New items for August are Available right Now at the TE StoreYay! So you are Definitely going to want to go and check out the Fresh Out of the Oven Department and the Current Specials Page too, for more Yummy Back to School treats! And to make things even more Exciting, The Baker's Dozen DT is sharing Even More Sweet projects with you. 8-)

Today I'm sharing a couple of Fun projects and the first one features the Adorable Happy Trails Stamp set  concepted by our Very Own Wonderfully Creative Jami Sibley and illustrated by the Fabulous Doug Applegate for his Apple Doodle Ink Stamp line. 8-) And let me tell you this set is Absolutely DARLING!! I Just LOVED getting krafty with this Adorable set! 8-)
I created my Sweet camping scene with a bit of masking, Memento Tuxedo Black inkPeeled paint and Crushed Olive Distress inks.. I colored it up with my trusty Copics and and added my fluffy clouds with the TE Clouds Border Die, Tumbled Glass Distress ink and a small stippling brush. I cut it out and scored the edges with the help of my Score Buddy for a nice clean look and popped it up with a bit of foam tapeFor my mats and BG layers, I chose a combination of dp's from October Afternoon's 8x8 9 to 5 collection and I used the fun TE Scallops & Circles Impression plate for a bit of texture on my main BG panel.  I really tried to keep my card pretty simple to let the Darling images shine! 8-) To finish it all up, I stamped my Sentiment sign, fussy cut it out and popped it up with a bit more foam tape onto a few layered Hexagon Stacklet die cuts.. 8-)

Here are the items I used for this Project and they are now available in the TE Store:

My next project features the Super Cute Mark Your Spot Stamp set that Taylor Vanbruggen and Nancy McKinney collaborated on together for the Whimsical Wishes stamp line! And it 's So Adorable &  fun to work with! I chose to create a Sweet little gift set for my most Favorite avid reader, my Mom ( Judy) lol.. She used to tell me, " Once you learn to read Ladybug,( her nickname for me) you can do Anything!!" And she was soo Right! 8-) So this one's for you Mom! 8-)
I stamped my fun rolling hills image for my card with Memento Tuxedo Black and added a  little extension here and there with my Copic Multi Liner to increase the image size just a touch and colored it up with my Trusty Copics. The Sweet little hot air Balloons were paper pieced and fussy cut out and popped up with a bit of foam tape. My fluffy clouds were created with the TE Clouds Border Die, Tumbled Glass Distress ink and a small stippling brush. I cut out my image and scored the edges with the help of my Score Buddy for a nice clean look and popped it up with a bit of foam tape as well. All my mats and BG layers were created with a combination of Choice Buttercream CS and Simple Stories 6x6 Fabulous collection. For my Cute little flower embllie, I used the TE Blooming Friendship Die, The new Hexagon Stacklets a Sweet little button and a bit of twine.. The sketch is Karen Giron's SSSC164..8-)
For the tag element of my card, I chose to make it into a removable Bookmark created with the New coordinating Mark Your Spot Bookmark Die  and another Verse/image from the Mark Your Spot Stamp set, a little paper piecing and some fun polkadot ribbon from my stash finishes it all up. My Sweet little bookplates were cut out with the TE Bracket Frame Die and matted up onto Sticker Paper, so you can just peel and stick them to the inside covers of your books, no muss, no fuss 8-)... And I packaged them up in a Pretty decorated to coordinate Small Hinged Tin. The Verse on the front is Soo Pefectly suited to my Mom, lol she doesn't even own a TV, lol Yes, on purpose..But she does have tons of bookshelves.. 8-)  I sure hope she likes this little set! 8-)

Here are the items I used on this project and they are now available in the TE Store:

The Baker's Dozen have lots more Amazing Goodies in store for you this morning, so hop on over and see... 8-)



Hope you all have a Fantastic day & thanks so much for visiting! 8-)
Thanks for stopping by!

20 comments:

  1. Woew Shannon how fabulous and I LOVE those rolling hills well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon!!!! Oh My WORD!!!! Your projects are off the hook! Your camping scene is perfection - so many little details and the coloring is amazing. Love your bookmark card too. WOW. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Shannon, you're a busy lady!! Love the happy camper card and what a beautiful sky for the balloons!! Enjoy your evening, Colinda

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! such inspiration today! First, my husband works on RV's so I LOVE anything with a trailer on it. Adorable. And your gift set is just amazing. What a wonderful quote from your mom...I think I'm going to steal it and tell that to my little one starting kindergarten. Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WOW! this is fab Shannon… what a wonderful image and your colouring is perfection… so much depth to it… and the papers and sentiment are just perfect!! I really love this... :-)
    Hope all is ok with you hun!
    Big Hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh dear!! I'm so sorry Shannon… I didn't scroll down… now I'm SO glad that I did!!! … your gift set for your mum is just gorgeous .. what a beautiful card with the balloons.. and the bookmarks are so sweet! she will love it so much!
    Take care my friend!
    Huge Hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dang Shannon........every time I think you can't "top" a post, you come up with another one!!

    I can't even begin to tell you have wonderful these are. The camper scene is over the top sensational!!! Love those images and you created a perfect scene.

    On to the second! I've never read "Ladybug" but may have to find it and try that! Your mom is going to love this.......awesome!!!

    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this, the bear scene reminds me of Yogi :) Love the the little gift set. You have me just staring at your gift set, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your coloring is OUT OF THIS WORLD! That camping scene has dimension like a painting. WOW!!!!!!! And I adore the scene with the hot air balloons too. How clever to extend the lines to make a bigger scene - love that idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your projects are all amazing my friend! The camping card is adorable and so much fun, and I love how you did the sentiment on hexagons :) As for the 2nd card, another amazing creation! Beautifully colored and embellished, and I cannot imagine your mother living without a TV! I'm betting she's far better off than all of us for not having one too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AWESOME projects, Shannon!....and amazing coloring on both! I love the bear image and the hexagon die-cut on that card. Beautiful papers on the one with the rolling hills. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These 2 are both wonderful, love the fun bear card, your colouring is wow. janex

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh WOWEE!! Shannon these are BRILLIANT! I love the first card - my goodness, your colouring is perfection!! Sweet image too - so much detail to that scene you created. The book project is just superb!! What a sweet thing to do for your mum - they're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab cards Shannon, wickedly good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW girl! These are A Mazing! You are totally rockin' the TE stamps. She is very lucky to have you. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it all Shannon. You need to come live where I do - we have bears at our house a lot and we have to be very careful - DON"T FEED THE BEERS!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous projects, Shannon! Love the sweet camping scene and your mom's gift set is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! Amazing cards! Truly! Love the images, and the verses with the Mark Your Spot set are fabulous! I love to read -- also instilled in me by my Mom. Your Mom must be very proud and happy with you. I know she'll love her gift!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Shannon, your projects are simply amazing! Love your mom's gift set and I agree with Heather, you're rockin' TE stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  20. All your creations are amazing!!! Your style is such a great fit with these stamps.

    ReplyDelete

I truly Love receiving your comments, they always make me smile... Thanks so much for taking the time to visit today... 8-)