Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Bakers Dozen Studio Challenge August!

For my Tuesday Throwdown Post Please click HERE or just Scroll down.. 8-)


Hi All! And a Very Happy Tuesday to you! 8-) It's time for the Baker's Dozen Studio Challenge.  This is a monthly opportunity for us to share what makes our stamping studios hum.  Each month we will have a fun, crafty question so we can share our favorites, some tips and tricks, stamping advice and more.
The theme for August is:
PROJECT RUNWAY!  Do you watch this show?  It's perfect for creative types like us!  On PR, the designers are given crazy challenges each week and asked to maintain their own personal style or point of view in their creation.
So, what's your stamping style or point of view?  Would you consider your style to be CAS (Clean and Simple), Cutesy, Graphic, Vintage, Elegant, Layers & More Layers, or what?  Describe it any way you like, it's your style after all!  Today's challenge is to show us a couple of different projects using the same supplies.  Show us one CAS card and one Fancy Fold card while still retaining your own personal style as much as possible.

What a Great question! 8-) And, believe it or not, lol, this was a REALLY tough one for me, lol  Not so much the creating part, that was Super Fun and Easy...8-) But more so the, "What's your Style part"... I honestly don't think I have one particular style.. I like So many different styles myself, and would LOVE to be able to master them all, lol Not to mention, I like to change things up and try new things, as I have a tendency to get bored easily, lol.. So, to answer this question today, I even enlisted the help of a few close & trusted Crafty Blog Buddies, and the only thing that they All seamed to come up with that was the same, was my use of colorful, well coordinated dp's.. lol  I do Adore Cute little Animal images, and I also Love Florals and Pretty and Elegant Feminine styles as well.. CAS has always been a big challenge for me.. lol Sounds so funny to say that, but it just doesn't come very natural to me.. And though I Adore Shabby Chic, I've never really been able to pull it off myself.. lol  And it seams I have a tendency to create whatever I am inspired by at the moment,  So maybe my style is more of a Variable or Eclectic style.. ( Maybe??)...8-)
We were asked to create 2 different cards to show off our style today, a Fancy Fold card and a CAS card. So here is my Fancy 'Joy' fold card! 8-) it was a lot of fun to put together from Miss Beates' Super Easy Tutorial, for those of you who have never made one of these, like me, up until now anyway 8-)... For Both of my creations today I chose to use TE's Darling Oops A Daisy set and coordinating Oops A Daisy Dies for their Great versatility and Pretty style. I paired these Sweet Cheery Daisies up with MME's The Sweetest Thing Lavender Collection.. For my Fancy version I stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa, colored up my Daisy's with my trusty Copics and aded a touch of stardust stickles for a bit of Bling. I popped up my daisies onto SB Classic Ovals and Scallop Ovals die cuts with a bit of foam tape. And my sentiment oval was matted up with a Fun little TE Friendship Blooms Die Cut.. Here are a couple more shots of the inside of my card..

For my CAS Card I stamped My Sweet Daisies with Pastel Pink, Olive and Yellow  Color Box inks, added bit of shading with my trusty Copics, popped them up onto layered SB Classic Circles Large & Small die cuts, and used the Fun TE Scallops & Circles Impression Plate for my main BG panel...  And, believe it or not, My CAS card was actually more of a challenge for me to put together, I kept wanting to add more stuff to it, lol...8-) 

The Baker's Dozen has Lots more goodies for you this morning, so hop on over and see...8-)



Here are the items I used for my projects today and they can all be found in the TE Store...



Hope you all have a Super day & thanks so much for visiting! 8-)
Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! Those daisies in PINK!!! OMG so pretty and sweet! Your cards are beautiful and make me happy! :-) I'm with you - I like every style! LOL. Have a fun day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are beautiful - as always! Love the DP you used Shannon. The different fold on that first one is wonderful. So pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just awesome Shannon! I love both of these, that joy fold card is perfectly put together with just the right colors but I'm such a sucker for kraft paper that I adore that CAS card. :) Lovely stuff today!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon, your cards always make me go OOOOOOHHHHH! and AHHHHHH! I love your style and your cards are fantastic! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards, Shannon! I'm with you - it WAS a tough question to define our own styles! Your joy fold card is especially gorgeous and your did a great job with the CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shannon!!! You are rock star girl! These take my breath away they are SO amazing!!! LOVE the layouts, papers and your AMAZING coloring! you knocked these out of the park!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously, Shannon, ALL your styles ROCK! Love your joy fold card, it's so soft and elegant and the colors....ooooh, so nicely done! Love the kraft in your CAS card too, a gorgeous way to showcase your flowers! Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your fancy fold card looks amazing with all those layers, but the get well card on kraft is just awesome! I love the flowers and background! NJ on both!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fantastic! Shannon, these are gorgeous! I love the embossing and of course your delicate daisies - oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty and sweet! I love the joy fold card. I haven't made one of those for a long time. I need to. Love the embossed kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh MY Shannon that joy fold is Gorgeous!! I love all the beautiful dp and how those wonderful flowers really look so real :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are both fabulous Shannon! Hope this comment finds you well. Be blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These two are GORGEOUS!! Beautiful embossed craftpaper and the lay out of the first one is super!. Have a sunny day, Colinda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love, Love your designs and all the pretty pink you've got showing here! The dies are just perfect. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hear you on the CAS design, Shannon! Every time I try, they never seem quite complete, but both of your cards are absolutely beautiful! LOVE the textures you've tied into them both, but the fold of the first is out of this world!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both stunning cards, I love the colours, those daisies are beautiful and the cas card is fabulous I find them so tricky and always want to add more as well
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards Girl! I love both version. The chalk ink gives such a soft and pretty look to your second card. Just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous set of cards Shannon! Love the beautiful flowers! The shimmery detail on the first adds such a beautiful touch!

    ReplyDelete

I truly Love receiving your comments, they always make me smile... Thanks so much for taking the time to visit today... 8-)