Thursday, August 16, 2012

Forever Free (TE) - SFYTT Aug 2012

Hi All! And a Very Happy Thursday evening to you! Thought I would pop in to share a quick post with you of my latest creation, inspired by TE's Darling New Mark Your Spot set and Jen del Muro's Fab August Sketch For You To Try... 8-)
I stamped my Fun little Clouds and Hot Air Balloon with Memento Tuxedo Black and did a little paper piecing and colored up the rest with my trusty Copics. After fussy cutting them out, I adhered them to my Sentiment focal panel and popped them up with a bit of foam tape. My Sentiment panel was created with TE's Notepaper & Clipboard die cut that was stamped with  TE's Notepaper ALC stamp with Memento Rich Coca and shaded with a touch of Tumbled Glass Distress ink. My Mats and BG layers were created with a combination of Bazzill Basics Lagoon CS , dp's from Echo Park's Darling Sweet Day 6x6 collection and a bit of shading with Tumbled Glass and Vintage Photo Distress inks.. 8-)

Here's Jen's Awesome Sketch...

Here are the supplies I used on my project today and you can find them all at the TE Store...


Hope you all have a Fabulous day & thanks so much for stopping by! 8-)
Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. What a wonderful card Shannon! Love the sentiment ~ oh so true! The hot air balloon adds a great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Mona, great card and a what a great sentiment!!Enjoy your weekend, Colinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the way you used the balloon and clouds with that apt phrase

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sentiment and a fabulous card! Love the way you mixed the DP on here. Someone needs to teach me how to do that!!
    Love it.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Shannon! What a great interpretation of the sketch and this sentiment really is so true.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh what a fab quotation Shannon!! I love my books… and this is so true … how you can escape into them..
    love the gorgeous papers and the fab balloon and clouds… it's a perfect card!
    Hope you have a lovely weekend
    Big Hugs
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful job with the die and stamp set, love it! The paper piecing is perfect touch too. :) hugs, Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMGosh this is sooo cute Shannon!! I love that hot air balloon and your adorable clouds! Awesome quote!! Have a wonderful weekend my friend!
    Hugs, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a super card Shannon and love the sentiment on the front. Great colours too. Hope you have a good weekend
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo! I just adore this design and all your scrumptious papers, Shannon! And those clouds are so light and fluffy, I think they're about to float away! LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shannon this is lovely, and what a fab quotation well done Hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  12. Another fabulous creation Shannon! I love those papers and especially the sentiment! A great back-to-school card! Wishing you a wonderful weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute card! Love the way you used the clouds and the ballon!

    ReplyDelete

I truly Love receiving your comments, they always make me smile... Thanks so much for taking the time to visit today... 8-)