Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Taylored Expressions April Studio Challenge! 8-)



Hi All & a Very Happy Tuesday to you! 8-) It's time for the Baker's Dozen Studio Challenge.  This is a monthly opportunity for the Taylored Expressions team to share what makes our stamping studios hum.  Each month we  have a fun, crafty question so we can share our favorites, some tips and tricks, stamping advice and more.

The theme for April is:
Mix & Match!  TE stamp sets are designed with plenty of images and sentiments so they are "self-contained" for lots of creativity, but sometimes it's fun to mix and match several different sets for even more possibilities.
Your challenge is to create a project using three or more TE stamp sets.

OMGoodness, what a Fabulous Theme!! Can I just tell you I had SOOOO Much fun with our Challenge this month! First off I took out all my Binder Boxes of Taylored Expressions Stamps and spread them all out and just went thru all of them, and was so excited to find I actually found a few different combinations of several sets together that I could create some Neat projects with, which was definitely pretty Cool! And here's the one I came up with for today's Studio Challenge... 8-)
Believe it or not this Sweet Birthday scene was created with 4 Different TE sets...Wowie!! 8-)  I Chose to work with You Take the Cake, Happy Trails, Woodland WinterMoka Madenlyn... I kept my layout pretty simple so My Cute little Birthday Party Goers would have the spotlight... ;-) I stamped my images with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White, did some serious masking and colored them up with my trusty Copics
I fussy cut out their Moka Madelyn Party hats, and stuck them on top of my Sweet Woodland Winter Mouse and Happy Trails Bear's Cute little heads. 8-) I scored the edges of my finished image with my scor-pal for a nice clean look, matted it up and popped it up with a bit of foam tape. For my mats and BG layers I chose a combo of Choice Buttercream CS and some Darling dp's from Doodlebug's Hello Spring 6x6 collection. And to finish it all up I added a Fun TE Pennant Border Die cut and a little Glossy Accent to the Fun Bunch of You Take the Cake Balloons... 8-)

The Baker's Dozen has Lots more goodies for you this morning, so hop on over and see...8-)



Shannon White (That's me!)

Here are the items I used for my project today...




Hope you all have a Super day & Thanks so much for stopping in! 8-)
Thanks for stopping by!

21 comments:

  1. I just love your jolly colourful card Shannon, those balloons make me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in total LOVE!!!! The banner, image, all of it - but those polka dots make me smile all over! Fantastic!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow 4 sets and fussy cutting, you are my hero! The card is just adorable and really shows all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ACK! OMG! I was truly dying to see what you would make today and girl you did not disappoint! This is SOOOOOOOOO great! Love your party animals! FABULOUS. 'Nuf said!
    XOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just darling, Shannon! LOVE this super sweet scene and fun, happy colors! Wonderful mix of stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who could possibly resist a party mouse and party bear? I can't! They are TOO adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So colorful and CUTE! Love all the happy colors! It puts a big smile on my face! Take care, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH my gosh, that's got to be one of the cutest images ever!! I love your coloring and choice of dsp! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So darn cute and bright and fun, Shannon! Just look at all those pretty polka dots and lovable critters!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute, love the happy colours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how adorable, Shannon! And as always, your coloring is FABULOUS!!! What a wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OOOOH, I just love this card. It screams HAPPY..Beautiful design paper and adorable image.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A Totally delightful card Shannon, love all the fun dots, makes me smile with the cutie image ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ACK! This is adorable, Shannon! I couldn't wait to see the whole card after seeing the sneak peek and it was worth the wait! Hope you're having a fun (and well deserved) vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just super Shannon and such fantastic colours too
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  16. Girl!!! This is simply AWESOME and amazing!!!!! LOVE this birthday scene!! And I love your coloring - seriously you are amazing!!! BIg big big hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hihihi, love the little mouse with his big partyhat!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awwwww, such cute! beautiful bright colors, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a sweet card Shannon. Love all the different sets you used. The coloring is amazing... and I love the fun papers.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is absolutely adorable! I love how you combined such a wide variety of sets and images! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. How stinkin' cute! You do such a fabulous job with all these images. :)

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete

I truly Love receiving your comments, they always make me smile... Thanks so much for taking the time to visit today... 8-)