Friday, April 19, 2013

Mom You're The Best - Taylored Expressions! 8-)

Hi all! Hope you've been having a Super week so far and are all ready for the Weekend! ;-) Well I thought I'd pop in real quick today to share my latest Taylored Expressions creation inspired by TE's Super Sweet Mom ALC Word Stamp.  I Just Love this Adorable image! Makes it so Easy to create Really Pretty and Sweet Mother's Day cards! And Just in time too, cause Mom's special day is just Around the Corner on the 12th of May....8-)
for my project today, I thought I'd make up a couple as I always have folks, ahem...male type folks lol ;-),  that are in need of a 'last minute' Mother's day card.. So I always make a few extra's for just such an occasion... 8-)
I stamped my Sweet Mom ALC with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Choice Snow White CS , did a little paper piecing & colored up the rest with my trusty Copics. I added a touch of shading with Antique Linen Distress ink, cut them out with the help of TE's Label Stacklets 2 and popped them up with a bit of foam tape.
My mats and BG layers, were create with a combination of Pink CS from my stash, Choice Buttercream CS & some Sweet Dp's from Crate Paper's Maggie Holmes 6x6 collection. To finish them all up I added Fun little Bows created with my Bow Easy, and cute little buttons all tied up with Ivory burlap twine...8-) 

Here are the items I used on my project today...
  
Hope you all have a Fantastic day & Thanks so much for stopping in! 8-)
Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

  1. Good Morning Shannon,
    These are stunning, your colouring is so beautiful.
    Great images and wonderful layouts.
    Have a Great Day

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards!! Love the paperpiecing! Gotta start on my mothersday gifts! Have a great weekend, Colinda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so pretty Shannon! Love the beautiful elegant tea cups!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both are so lovely! Love that last one with the ticking paper and roses DP! Great combo and as I said - both are so pretty.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such gorgeous papers and paper piecing. The colors are just SO pretty. I also like your little shadow under the MOM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shannon what beautiful cards...I love how feminine they look!! The paper piecing looks really pretty! Have a wonderful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, Shannon! Love the paper piecing on the tea cups. Great color combos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a darling stamp set and you are really showing it off with style, Shannon! Love the paper piecing and the feminine look...perfect for mom! Miss you, my friend! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cards for Mom remind me of an old-fashioned tea party with a few new twists of dsp! I love the colors, chevrons and beautiful coloring! Perfect Mother's Day cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My gosh Shannon, these are fabulous! Love those paper combinations you've used and the bows just grab your eye and pull you in.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty, love the paper pieced teacups!! Beautiful cards. Just had a tea party for my mom's 75th birthday with all the daughters (in-laws), granddaughters and great granddaughters!! These cards remind me of the tea cups we used!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, my, these are beautiful! I really love the stamp. The image on each card is so different with your paper piecing. Both are super sweet and your guys are really going to appreciate them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You. Are. So. Good!!! I want to be you when I grow up, Shannon! You make even the easiest, simplest of stamps ROCK. Color me IN AWE!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I truly Love receiving your comments, they always make me smile... Thanks so much for taking the time to visit today... 8-)