Monday, April 15, 2013

Whimsie Doodles April Showers Challenge! 8-)

Hi all! And a Very Happy Friday to you! 8-) This month over at the Whimsie Doodles blog, we are Challenging you to create a card or project that has a water theme, or some type of water in it, or implements a wet look, ie: glossy accents, dew drops, etc.. So whip up something 'Wet' & come join in the fun!...;-)
For today's Challenge I thought I'd attempt coloring up Melyssa's Darling Starfish Mermaid! I say attempt, as I've had this little Sweetie in my stash for some time now, and her beautiful underwater flowing hair had me totally intimidated, lol Seriously, no joke!  Believe it or not it took me 2 full years before I even attempted coloring any images with long wavy hair, lol! Anyway, I just kept checking out Melyssa's Fabulous Make HERE.. And finally got brave and took the plunge! 8-) And as you can see my card was totally inspired by hers! Thanks for the inspiration Miss Melyssa! 8-)
And as you have already Guessed, I colored up this little Sweetie with my trusty Copics and fussy cut her out.. The dp's are Echo Park's Paradise Beach 6x6 collection. I added a Fun Mesh ribbon bow, and though you can't really see it here, I've got Glossy accents on her Sweet Pearl headband and necklace too... 8-)


So!..Would you like to be a Guest Designer for a month?! 8-)... If so, be sure to use a Whimsie Doodles image in your creation and put an asterisk ( * )after your name when you link up your entry! Details can be found on the Whimsie Doodles Blog!

Now Hop on over to the Whimsie Doodles Blog and check out what my fellow Doodlelicious Divas have whipped up for the challenge! 8-)

Hope you all have a Fabulous Day & Thanks so much for popping by! 8-)

Thanks for stopping by!

16 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous, Shannon! Your tail colouring is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card. Love your coloring, especially on the hair. Love that mesh bow, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow is she beautiful! Great colouring as always, love the vibrant colours. Have a great day, Shirleyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great Shannon and such a fab image. Love the colours you have used. hope you have a good week
    x catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and precious! Love that mesh bow - perfect!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's colored so beautifully. Her tail looks gorgeous and your paper picks fit so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love your card!!!! She is sooo Adorable too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really fun Shannon. I like how you've used the background paper as part of your scene. Adorable! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is this a self portrait? I love your coloring and how you did her hair. And that bow is so perfect - and I do like the papers you have done this with as well as you design!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  10. So adorable, Shannon! Love the coloring in her hair and the bow made from netting is just the perfect embellie for this card. Great paper choices.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful card shannon!! Dont know why you were intimidated it looks amazing :) The bow is totally perfect with her :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a sweet card, the sentiment made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, my gosh, love the fishnet bow and her blue green tail with the mottled coloring. Beautiful, actually, and so darn adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a sweetie pie image and fab card! Gorgeous colouring on her hair and 'fish suit'!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You did a great job coloring her hair, and I STILL haven't given a serious try at coloring long hair! LOL I love the bright turquoise color and especially that mesh bow! That's such a perfect accent for your little mermaid :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awwww she is the sweetest most beautiful mermaid...just darling! You colored her perfectly! Love the fab bow and paper, too!

    ReplyDelete

I truly Love receiving your comments, they always make me smile... Thanks so much for taking the time to visit today... 8-)