Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Taylored Expressions June Sneak Peeks: Ride the Wave - Pinking Circles...8-)

Hi All! And a Very Happy Tuesday to you! Welcome to our June Sneak Peeks! 8-) We have lots of Fun inspiration to share Today through Friday.  All of the new products will be available for purchase on Thursday, June 6th at 8 am PST. You'll find it all in the Fresh out of the Oven Department at the Taylored Expressions Store.

Today I am sharing a couple of Fun Projects and the first one features the Brand New Ride the Wave Stamp set! I Am Soo Thrilled our Own Jami Sibley asked for this set to be Created!! 8-) I Absolutely LOVE the Fun Vintage Surfer Vibe, Super talented Designer Nancy McKinney created with this Awesome set! I Know I will be reaching for this one Again and Again!!... 8-)

My main focal image was created with The Super Cool Ride the Wave Stamp set & my Birthday Present to myself, a Set of Awesome Tim Holtz Distress Markers!! I know, GASP!! No Copics!! lol Can I just tell you, I've been having Soo much fun playing with my New Distress Markers!! You can really do so much with them, I just Love them!! You've got to give them a try sometime, they're lots of fun! 8-)  Anyway, I digress...;-)  I created my Super Cool sunset BG with the help of my Sweet Teamie Jen's Fab tutorial HERE.. I used the same colors but, I used Ink Potion #9 instead of the mixture of water and pearlescent liquid watercolor.
After my panel had dried completely, I inked my images with my Distress Markers ( Broken China & Tumbled Glass) and stamped them directly onto my BG.  Then I softened the images a bit with a light touch of my water brush and added some highlights with the Picket Fence Distress Marker. I scored my edges with my Scor-Pal for a nice clean look, matted it up with Lakeshore Bazzill CS and popped it up onto my stamped card base with a bit of foam tape.  To finish is all up, inked my edges with the Vintage Photo Distress ink pad and added my sentiment strip... 8-) 

Next up I am featuring the Fun New Pinking Circles Dies and the Fab New Ray of Sunshine Cutting Plate too!  And I know you are going to love them as much as I do, they are just so Darned Versatile! The possibilities are really endless, and you know I LOVE that! 8-) 
so, for my project today, I chose to whip up a Sweet Sunny set for Cheering and sending Get Well Wishes! Can never have too many of either of these types of cards on hand! And my stash has gotten pretty low on these as of late...8-)
My Mats and BG layers were created with Choice Snow White CS, Bazzill CS's, the Brand New Ray of Sunshine Cutting PlateMME's Collectable Notable, MME's Blink of an Eye, & Simple Stories Snap Color Vibe 6x6 pad 
My Cute little Sun's were created with the New Pinking Circles Dies, & the previously released Sunny days Stamps and dies and a touch of shading with Antique Linen Distress ink.. My Fun clouds were created with the Cloud Border Die, TE's Bubbles and Waves Impression Plate and were stamped with Sunny Days Sentiments... And there you have it! Easy Peasy! 8-)

*** Please Join us tomorrow, Wed 6/5 at 6pm PST...It's Preview Party time for our June Release on our Facebook Page! Whoo Hoo! 8-)


And Please be sure to stop by and check out the Yummy Goodies the rest of the Baker's Dozen has whipped up for you today...



Here are the items I used for my projects today...


Hope you all have a Super day & Thanks so much for Dropping by! 8-)
Thanks for stopping by!

20 comments:

  1. Yay!!! Another fellow Distress Marker addict!! :) I love your surfer card - those pained waves are wonderful!! Your ray of sunshine card is just so happy! I love it and I really like the cloud border layered over the cutting plate. That's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, Shannon, what a gorgeous sky you created....it's absolutely stunning and I love your second card, too!!! It's sooo sweet with that adorable smiling sun and the pretty background you created with the Rays of Sunshine cutting plate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you treated yourself to the distress markers, you rocked the surfer card! I am in LOVE with your cutting plate cards, the sunshine and cloud border are soooo awesome and made me smile seeing them! Hugs sweet woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon!!!! I love your creations!! That sunshine set is sooooooo cute - love the little face on the sun and the way you used the CLoud border --- soooo creative!! And your Hang Loose card is so surftastic!! So gorgeous Shannon!! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards, Shannon! Love your vintage surfer card - great effect with the distress ink markers! And your get well cards are so sweet and happy - they are sure to brighten someone's day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. GIRL!!! I done just about passed out when I saw what you did with the clouds and the smiley sun! I love that sooooooo much! Genius! Your surfer card is cool and awesome. Wow. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Wow! these are gorgeous Shannon… what fab designs! you have captured Summer so well in these cards hun… I love the vibrant sunny colours… :-))
    Hope you're having a good week!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three marvelous cards! The first is such an "artsy" card...truly unique and special. The second and third cards are cheery and fun and a great way to showcase the new products!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cool cards Shannon! I love the surf dude image! I now have a teen boy so this would be perfect for him. The ray of sunshine die is fabulous! Love the sweet little sun and the textures clouds. Enjoy your day girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are BEYOND adorable Shannon! Love, love, love these cards. The faces are priceless. MUST get this cutting die now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my word, what a post full of amazing creations! That surfer dude card looks like a painting! Seriously cool stuff! And then there's that Awesome ray of sunshine die! I absolutely LOVE that card with those adorable smiley faces in the sun! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woweeekazowwee!!! Both of these cards are ahhhh-mazing!!! I commented on the 2nd one today on FB -- & after popping over I love love the first one, too!!
    I have a friend who lives in Hawaii & would love those!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the surfer and the way you did the markers, very cool! The second set is absolutely the most fun Shannon! I love the dps you used to make the sun rays, so darn cute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Love that surfer dude! Looks like you had lots of fun with your new markers...great job! And those cards with the sun are just the sweetest and so cheerful! They sure put a big smile on my face!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shannon these are both amazing cards! I love how the surfer looks with the markers…such a unique look! The second card is just cute as a button with that cute paper and cute face!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That surfer image is just AMAZING, Shannon! Looks like a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your surfer card is so dreamy looking! And...I am IN LOVE with those sunshine cards...IN LOVE! I think I must CASE them...in fact, they might even become a class project at some point. So stinkin' CUTE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have done an absolutely gorgeous job with your surfer card - very artsy and I love it. Your other cards are well done with gorgeous colors but I have to tell you I really like you sufer!!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, my! Your surfer card is amazing. Love that watercolor look you got with a solid image. Beautiful colors. And such a cute and cheerful pair of sunshine cards. Really love the designs with the die cuts. So happy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These card will surtainly brighten up someones day!! Love those happy colours!

    ReplyDelete

I truly Love receiving your comments, they always make me smile... Thanks so much for taking the time to visit today... 8-)