Monday, November 7, 2011

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Birthday Blog Hop! 8-)

Hi All! And welcome to the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Birthday Blog Hop!  We're Celebrating  4 Wonderful years and are so glad to have you join us today! A big Huge Congrats to Miss Korin and the continued success of Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps. I wish you many, many more Anniversaries to come. I'm just so grateful & thrilled to be a Member of this warm wonderful Sweet 'n Sassy family! So sit back everyone and relax, maybe grab your favorite drink or snack and get ready for some Amazing Eye Candy from all of our Amazing designers today! 8-)
Our Fantastic group of Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps design team members past and present, along with some special friends, have put together today's Birthday Blog Hop to kick off a whole month of fun. We have 36 stops so the hop will take place over three days - feel free to take your time visiting each blog!  You have until 11:59pm EST November 9th to leave comments on as many blogs as you can.  On Saturday, November 12th Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps will announce FOUR winners (chosen at random from comments on random stops along the hop); each lucky winner will receive a prize pack including stamps, dies, paper & twine valued at $40! 

If you have been following along already you should have come from the Fabulous Blog of  Stephanie Wright.  If you are only starting here, please head back to the SNSS blog and go from there.  You won't want to miss any stops along the way!  Also, don't forget to comment on as many stops as you can....the more comments the better your chance of winning one of the fabulous prize packs! 8-)

Here is what I created for the hop today... 8-)

My first creation was made with the Cocoa's Christmas set. I just thought Cocoa was way too Adorable not to include in our Hop today! 8-)  I colored him up with my trusty Copics and cut him out & matted him up with the help of my Classic Ovals and Scalloped Ovals Nesties sets. I shaded my image with a touch of Antique Linen Distress Ink while my die was still in place and then popped it up with a few dimensionals. my BG panels were created with a combination of kraft and red CS from my stash and some Light and Fun Christmas dp's from K&Co.  I also added a bit of texture with the help of my CB and my snowflakes EF.  And to finish it all up,  I added my sentiment from the same set, popped it up as well with a couple more dimensionals, added a touch of stardust stickles, some pretty natural crochet lace, a bit of red velvet ribbon and a sweet vintage brad from my stash to top it all off.  


And my second card was created with the newly released Rhubarb's Stocking digi. Isn't he just the Sweetest little fella ever?.. Just so Cute with his Darling Christmas Stocking... Hmmm seems I have a theme going here.. lol.. Well I printed out my Sweet Rhubarb onto Flourishes Classic White and colored him up with my trusty Copics, of course..  cut out and matted him up and added a bit of shading to the edges with some Antique Linen Distress Ink and then embossed them for a nice clean look with my Score Pal. For my mats and BG pieces I used a combination of Kraft CS from my stash, a fun MS border punch and Signature Christmas dp's from MME. To finish it all up, I stamped my Sweet 'n Sassy Sentiment with Memento Tuxedo black onto a little hand cut tag, popped up my Darling image panel with a bit of foam tape, added some seam binding ribbon, a couple Die-namic Snowflakes and a few Sweet adhesive pearls.Pretty easy peasy, huh... 8-)  
Here are a couple pics of the inside, as this is a Gift card holder too.. You could also use it to hold Tea bags, or a pack of Cocoa or even Sweet Ghirardelli Chocolate squares as well..

Thanks for stopping by!

77 comments:

  1. Just love the velvet ribbon and button on Cocoa's stocking, and adore the way you made a gift card holder out of the second one! Glad to be able to hop for the birthday celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both absolutely adorable cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your 2 cards are so cute and I love the interior of the second one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous coloring and beautiful cards!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Rhubarb card design, but I love the Cocoa colors.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cards are adorable. I really like the gift pocket..what a great idea! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh Shannon these are AMAZING! Your coloring is beautiful and I love the papers you chose. Fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love your cards, what a wonderful idea, thnak you so much for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous design and love the Kraft!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your layering is SO good!! I'm quite jealous :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shannon,
    You were awarded The Versatile Blogger Award.
    You can check out my blog here:
    http://asthecardrackturns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello!

    Cute cards - wonderful creations for the holiday!Beautiful colors!

    Wishing you a happy day!

    Hugs,

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks like Cocoa and Rhubard are ready for the holidays! Love the pearls on that second card and the lace on the first. Both are precious cards.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. The kraft-colored snowflakes are perfect!
    love your coloring too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Two really sweet cards. I love your papers, layouts and such cute images:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. awesome cards, love that gift card holder. love your coloring

    ReplyDelete
  17. my goodness! how cute and lovely your creations are!

    i love the papers and the glitter on it!

    very charming colouring!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh how cute are these two cards! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I do not see any other comments, or the one I just posted so I hope it's working correctly. Maybe just waiting for owner approval? Anyway, I love both of your cards. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute cards! I love your coloring on the stocking for both of them. Such rich, vibrant colors!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your cards are just adorable! The way you colored Cocoa on the first is just perfect, and Rhubarb in the second is so cute with the snowflakes. Thanks for the great idea on making it a gift card holder!

    Chris L.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Shannon, these are both so ADORABLE! LOVE the bright colors and the sparkles and pearls you added!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Both are fabulous Shannon! The coloring is awesome and you picked the cutest Rhubarb images. :o) Pretty papers and embellishments girl!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely duo!!! your cards are perfect, the second one is amazing with the gift card pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh wow! These are really gorgeous! Love the colors on both cards. Really like those kraft snowflakes!!! I am inspired to try some! Love the inside corner GC holder!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, Miss Shannon~~~! Both cards are just so darn cute and fun! I love that mouse in the stocking and the lace is wonderful with him! The bear and his expression are precious and the snowflakes are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  27. ...wowww.. the inside is as adorable as the outside of your card.. looks like sooo much work went into this.. wtg.. mitz_zee@yahoodotcom

    ReplyDelete
  28. Adorable cards, beautifully colored and designed! Very, very nicely done!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Cocoa and Rhubarb are so stinkin' cute!!!!! Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  30. OH!!! I love your cards. Really a great job. Pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Awesome cards, I love the gift card flap in the second card. Bears and Christmas too cute !~

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love the card! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  33. The first card is lovely, especially the lace, but I ADORE the second card!! It's so beautiful. Wonderful work! :) Cheers
    Kristin
    excalibur99@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wowzer! these are stunning Shannon! I love the rich colours in both, and the papers and bellies are just gorgeous! Stunning ribbons and love the snowflakes! The inside with gift holder is great idea. I need to do a few of those as family have asked for money for Christmas this year.
    Have a good week!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love your cards! I like how you turned them into gift card holders! So cute and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautifully colored as always, my friend! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh Shannon! These are adorable! Cocoa and Rhubarb look perfect on your beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  38. :-O BOTH of these cards are beyond breath-taking!! Seriously! I love your perfect shading of Cocoa Mouse, his stocking and that perfect touch of lace and velvet in your first card. And Rhubarb is colored phenomenally well with the kraft cardstock and absolutely PERFECT bow. I have never seen a gift card holder of this design before - I like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. both cards are wonderful--I like all the dp on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Both of these are just amazing! I love the cute papers with the lace that you used on the Cocoa card. Then absolutely loved everything about the Rhubarb card. Your coloring is just beautiful, the papers are so pretty with the great layout and snowflakes. But, the way you did the inside of the card just has me wanting to case your idea! BOTH are just FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Adorable card and wonderful coloring.
    Blessings,
    Peggy Allen

    ReplyDelete
  42. Very cute cards. Love the paper mix...makes me want to go out of my comfort zone. I'm inspired by your creations. I really like the inside gift card holder.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Shannon, these cards are beautiful!! I love your use of those embellishments! Fabulous designs and details!

    ReplyDelete
  44. I love the cards. The colors are amazing on both.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Shannon, how adorable! You really know how to make a card come alive. Rhubarb and Cocoa couldn't be any cuter...love the stockings and the gift holder. Super creations!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Both of your cards are so cute! I have never seen a gift card holder like that BUT I will be using that!!! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  47. Your cards are just gorgeous! Love the layering and that crocheted trim!!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Wow, you blessed us with TWO cards. I was oooohing and aaaaahing over the first one and then scrolled down and got surprised by a second one. Great job on both!! Love all the cool embellishments you added!!
    BTW....love your virtual cat!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Shannon, both of these little guys are done so very well. Love how they both have the same stocking. Great job on both creations!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Shannon fabulous card here!! I love the dps and the pretty embellies to go with these sweet sweet images! Lovely coloring of each image also! Wonderful job my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  51. These are both such festive cards Shannon love sweet Cocoa and you used just the perfect papers on these cards

    ReplyDelete
  52. Thank you for sharing. Always looking for new ideas for gift card holders. This is such a pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  53. Both of the cards are adorable. I especially like the gift card idea, as it looks like a regular greeting card and when opened it has a very nice suprise inside. I think this is the best gift card idea I have seen. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  54. WOW Shannon...you've outdone yourself on both of these adorable gift card holders! Love the bright cheerful colors and sparkle on the first one and the country feel of the second one with the craft accents!

    ReplyDelete
  55. I love both of these cards Shannon - your coloring and layouts are awesome! And I love both Rhubarb and Cocoa!!

    ReplyDelete
  56. I like the creative way to hold gift cards inside of the Rhubarb card. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Love Cocoa and Rhubarb and your coloring is fantastic!
    S. Kennedy
    KraftyKenz@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  58. These cards are wonderful! All the attention to the details make these cards special!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Love the gift pocket idea. I'll have to use that one.

    ReplyDelete
  60. Ilove your cards, they are so colorful and your coloring is magnificent. Ilove the gift card idea. These are wonderful cards. Thank you for sharing them with us. Hugs Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  61. Shannon your cards are adorable!! LOVE that Rhubarb one.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Your cards are so sweet. What a fabulous idea to make it a gift card holder. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  63. Oh, I love how you turned the card into a gift card holder. And those stamps you chose are so cute. I really like the bear but I'm so loving that little mouse!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Too Cute! BOth of your cards just ROCK! Cocoa and Rhubarb are both ready for the holidays. I really like the colors and lace on Cocoa's card and Rhubarb's card is just so . . . Wow! Love the layers, colors, embossing, everything! Great job, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  65. These cards are adorable! I love the Cocoa card. Those big ears really get me. :) It always amazes me when you use those trusty Copics. I could never get the kind of depth that you do. Fantastic!!! ~Hugs, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  66. Very creative cards! You put in a lot of time and effort!

    ReplyDelete
  67. both cards are fabulously festive, I especially LOVE the corner stash for a special treat, AWESOME!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  68. This is super cute stuff.Loved both the cards and esp the one which can hold a gift card

    ReplyDelete
  69. Oh these are both so sweet and adorable! Great layouts and designs!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Super sweet. Love the pocket inside the card. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  71. Cuuuuute! Love the pocket on the inside!

    ReplyDelete

I truly Love receiving your comments, they always make me smile... Thanks so much for taking the time to visit today... 8-)