Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Taylored Expressions April Sneak Peeks - When Your Heart Speaks & Stroke of Genius

Hi All! And a Very Happy Wednesday to you! Today I'm back to share more April Sneak Peeks! Yay! 8-) And just in case you didn't get a chance to stop by yesterday, All of the new products will be available for purchase Tomorrow, Thursday, April 3rd at 7 am PST. You'll find it ALL in the New Department at the Taylored Expressions StoreYay!! 8-) & for a little Extra Fun...  

***Taylored Expressions is celebrating Release Week with some fabulous giveaways! Visit the TE Blog each Sneak Peek Day this week for details on how you can enter to win.
 


Well, today I am Super Thrilled to share a couple more Fun Sneak Peek projects and the first one features the Brand New Stoke of Genius stamp set, the When Your Heart Speaks stamp set, & the Brand New A Life She Loved Stamp set as well! All concepted by our Very Own creative Genius Jami Sibley and illustrated by our Newest Uber Talented Illustrator BreAnne Andrews...8-)
I had so much fun putting this little Home Decor project together!! At first I was a bit apprehensive, as I've never really done any Home Decor type stuff before, lol..  But, I was really wanting to try my hand at one, especially since TE now carries So many Nifty Home Decor type Alterables!! Yay! 8-) And all and all I think it turned out pretty well for my first attempt, anyway... ;-) 
I started off by stamping with TE's Stroke of Genius onto TE's Choice Watercolor CS using my Distress Markers and a mini mister with water and set it aside to dry. Next I stamped TE's When Your Heart Speaks image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink onto TE's Choice Snow White CS, colored it up with my trusty Copics. I Fussy cut it out and popped it up with a bit of foam tape onto my Stroke of Genius watercolor BG and popped it into my We R Decorative Frame. To decorate the outside of my frame I created a coordinating border frame with TE's P&P Essentials 4x4 dies, some fun Doodlebug Washi tape and a touch of distressing with my Snowcap paint dauber. I also added some Cheery flowers created with TE's Bloom Where You're Planted dies and some doodlebug sprinkles. To finish it all up, I just stamped my A Life She Loved sentiment with Memento Rich Cocoa...;-)

Next up, for 'Designers Choice' I'm featuring TE's Brand New Stroke of Genius stamp set along with the Brand New A Life She Loved stamp set as well!... 8-) I just Love how Perfect they go together too! Yay!..8-) 
Can you tell I was having lots of fun with my Distress Markers, LOL!! ;-) I must confess, once I get started with them, I have a hard time putting them down again, lol.. I just love how easy they make it to get soft dreamy watercolor looks! And then add in the Brand New Stroke of Genius Stamp set & Bam, talk about a match made in heaven! ;-)

stamped my Stroke of Genius brush strokes onto TE's Choice Watercolor CS using my Distress Markers and a mini mister with water and set it aside to dry. My mats and BG layers were created with TE's Choice Kraft CS, Bazzill CS & TE's Choice Watercolor CS as well. To finish it all up I stamped my  A Life She Loved sentiment with Memento Rich Cocoa onto Layered TE Label Stacklets 3 Die cuts, popped it up with a bit of foam tape onto my Stroke of Genius Watercolor BG and added a bit of Cheery ribbon from my stash.... ;-)




Here are the items I used for my projects today...


Hope you all have a Wonderful day & Thanks so much for dropping in! 8-)
Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. wow Shannon, these are fabulous. I just love what you created on that first one. Gorgeous design and colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! I really like the way you created the background behind the jars on that first project. Beautiful work.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. First attempt at home decor piece = huge success! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon, both of your projects are beautiful, I love your soft colors and I LOVE that Taylor actually sells these frames and things that the DT is using! We don't have to just lust after the projects, we can order everything we need!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just gorgeous!!! I love the color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way the background colors are swished across the page. Painting outside of the box. The picture frame is so pretty - would look good in my craft room. The double layer of ribbon is a nice touch on the second card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, how SUPER cute, Shannon! I have to go look. Going now. . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards Shannon. Love those paint stripes... the pastel colors look awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  9. It turned out fabulous, Shannan! You really did it justice framing it. Your card is wonderful too! I went hunting for the stamps and couldn't find them. Duh Me!! Is the background a stamp! It is fabulous either way. The card is really artful pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your frame is amazing and so inspirational! Wonderful water coloring on both.

    ReplyDelete

I truly Love receiving your comments, they always make me smile... Thanks so much for taking the time to visit today... 8-)