Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Joy, Love, Peace...

Hi All! And a Very Happy Wednesday to you! Are you all set and ready for Thanksgiving?  Well this year, My DH has to work, so we will be having Thanksgiving at the Fire Station, and that means The Fellas will be cooking which is a nice treat. 8-) And I will be baking a few pies to bring with me to help out.  Well today I'm back to share my latest creation inspired by Impression Obsession's "Stamps Only, No Patterned Paper" Challenge. We are to create our own with Impression Obsession stamps, which was a lot of fun for me as I actually enjoy creating my own BG dp's, but don't always have the time...

Well as you have guessed, all the Stamps used on my card today are from Impression Obsession.  My image panel was created using I/O's Winter Cardinals Clear set, that I dont' seem to be able to locate in their store at the moment for some reason, and I colored it up with my trusty Copics. I added  a bit of shading with some Antique Linen Distress ink to the edges and then embossed them with the help of my Score Pal for a nice clean look. My sprinkling of snow was created with little dots of liquid applique and some Stardust Stickles, which you cant' really see to well in my picture, but IRL there's lots of pretty sparkle.  My BG was created using I/O CAC Harlequin, and Music stamps, and then I matted everything up with some brown CS from my stash.  My sentiment was created using I/O's Christmas Borders clear stamp set and Memento Rich Cocoa. To finish it all up I popped my image panel up with a few dimensional  added a fun die-namic snowflake and a cute little button all tied up with some Yummy bakers twine from MAD Stamper Finds.

Hope you all have a Wonderful Thanksgiving, filled with friends, family and lots of love and laughter too. Thanks so much for Stopping by today! 8-)
Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Just beautiful! Love the "snow" on the branches and that cardinal with ear muffs is fabulous! Love this wonderful Christmas card.
    Thanksgiving at the fire station sounds like SO MUCH fun! Plus, like you said, the guys do most of the cooking! I'm all for that.
    Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving Shannon.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon, this is fabulous!! I totally love making BGs too. Only I do them on my scrapbook pages. I have yet to master them on my cards. What a fabulous card you have created. I was just thinking about you...so I am glad your card was the first in this mornings line up. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving - surrounded by all those men :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shannon-this is so pretty. I really like the two backgrounds together and the colors you chose. The saying looks perfect at the bottom-good fit. It's just really a very nice card.
    Paula Huiras

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon, that cardinal is just too cute... beautiful card!!!
    May you have a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love liquid applique and keep forgetting to use it. Your card is beautiful, Ms Shannon, and I really like the way your layered your CAC's too! Thank you for playing and good luck in the drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful Shannon. I love how your BG paper turned out.

    Have a Happy Thanksgiving. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Gorgeous card Shannon! Love the fresh fallen snow and that beautiful Cardinal! Hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! Wow I love your card Shannon, just wow :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I love this Shannon!! So pretty with the rich red bird and those fir branches look awesome. Stunning design!
    Hope you are well and had a nice Thanksgiving!
    Big Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Shannon, LOVE the dots of snow and that FAB red cardinal! And the earmuffs are so CUTE! LOVE this card!

    ReplyDelete

I truly Love receiving your comments, they always make me smile... Thanks so much for taking the time to visit today... 8-)