Saturday, October 22, 2011

Save the Hooters! 8-)

If you are here for the K 'n K OWH Fundraiser Blog Hop, Please click HERE, or please scroll down.. 8-)


Hi All! And a very Happy Saturday to you! Today I am back with another Fabulous Sweet Stop Sketch Challenge! Yay!  And continuing on with our Bast from the Past sketches for the Month of October we have Sweet Stop Sketch #131 for you that was originally The Sweet Stop Sketch # 69.. And it's a fun one for sure!  Also, in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month, the DT has made up some Fabulous "Think Pink" creations with this week's sketch. So without further delay, here's the Sweet Stop Sketch #131:       
And here's my Thinking Pink take on it...  I chose to make a rectangular card instead of square lol,  so I kind of had to smoosh everything down a bit, But all the elements are still there! 8-)
I printed out my Fun little pre- colored Whimsie Doodles Save the Hooters image onto Flourishes Classic White, and just used my Trusty Copics to do a bit of extra shading and enhancing to this Darling image...Oh and by the way Whimsie Doodles has a bunch of Terrific images to support BCA and when you purchase them, all proceeds go to support Breast Cancer Research and Relay for Life too!  So I hope you pop by and check them all out! 8-)... cut out and matted up my Sweet little feathered friends and added a bit of shading to the edges with some Antique Linen Distress Ink and then embossed them for a nice clean look with my Score Pal. For my mats and BG pieces I used a combination of Kraft CS from my stash and Vintage Whimsy dp's from Girls' Paperie. To finish it all up, I printed out my sentiment from the same set and hand cut it out into a little tag, added some cheery ribbon, and a cute little button all tied up with some Yummy bakers twine from Sweet N Sassy Stamps.!.. Pretty easy peasy, huh... 8-) 
Anyway, I hope you can play along with us at The Sweet Stop!  Can't wait to see what you all come up with for this weeks sketch.  And as always, please, make sure to stop by and take a peek at the Darling creations the rest of the Sweet Stop Sugar Babies have cooked up for your inspiration. Leave them a little Love too 8-)... I know it's not a requirement, but it sure is  greatly Appreciated.... 8-) 

I am also entering my card into the Whimsie Doodles Think Pink Challenge!

Hope you all have a Fantastic weekend & thanks so much for visiting today! 8-)
Thanks for stopping by!

21 comments:

  1. What a perfect card Shannon. Love that image... so fitting... great coloring... lovely papers... pretty scallops... the button looks lovely with the twine and ribbon. :o) You have a great weekend yourself Lady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon....this is adorable! Love the little "hoots" - the image is so cute. Like those scallops too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. This image and your choice of papers...perfect! I adore everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon...these hooters are such a hoot! How perfect for breast cancer awareness! Love this fun card with all the pink and brown! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So stinkin' cute! I love it Shannon. :)
    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shannon this is just so darn stinkin' cute!! I saw this on the Sweet Stop blog and just fell in love with it! Your coloring is perfection. I totally love all the papers your chose. You have made my day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the owls holding the bra! Super CUTE, Shannon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is SO cute Shannon!! I really love the image and colouring and papers are perfect! What a great card for BCA - Love it !!!
    Hope you have a good week!
    Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. cute and funny card!

    Karla
    kjs@sit-co.net

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what an adorable image!! Your card is just fabulous!! Love all of the PINK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aaaacccckkk! How cute is this! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous use of the Save The Hooters image. Loving the pink and brown together. Thanks for playing along with us for this month's Whimsie Doodles challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my Shannon this is sooo cute!! I LOVE that image!! Awesome coloring and design ...and fabulous papers!
    Big hugs, Tammy :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Your card is absolutely stunning!!! The coloring is AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for playing along in the "Think Pink" October Challenge over on the Whimsie Doodles Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  15. FABBY! FABBY! FABBY! I expect nothing less from you! You have great hooters! BWAHAHAHA! Thanks for playing along with us for the Whimsie Doodles challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Shannon this card is a "HOOT"!!! Love the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Just love all the layering here, not to mention all the pink!! So glad you could play along with us on Whimsie Doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card! I love how you colored this image.

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMGosh, Shannon, these guys are just too too cute and love the whole color scheme too! A really wonderful fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wowsa Shannon... this card could not be more perfect! Of course it is for a good cause but holy cow, you've gone above and beyond with such a great image and paper choice. Cutest sentiment too.

    ReplyDelete

I truly Love receiving your comments, they always make me smile... Thanks so much for taking the time to visit today... 8-)