Saturday, June 4, 2011

Let's Hear it for the Boys!

Hi all and Happy Saturday to you! Hope you are all enjoying a fabulous weekend.   I am so excited to share, my newest addition to my blog.  Don't know if you have noticed the adorable little Signature at the end of my last post..( you can see it here too!)  Well I think it's just too cute for words and I just had to give a big Shout out of Thanks to Miss Dina Kowal for creating it for me.  She was so Awesome and insightful to work with! You must go and check out her amazing signatures and watermarks etc.. She has also created a fabulous watermark for me too, that as soon as I can figure out my new photo editing program to apply it, you will get to see that as well!  Very Exciting!.... Now on to my latest creation..
Today I have another Father's day card to share with you inspired by the IO Challenge, " Let's Hear it for the Boys". We were challenged to break out our IO stamps and create a card for the Fella's in our lives... 8-)  And you know, this is good practice for me, 'cause if you read my previous post regarding the Male Perspective, lol  then you know I have been trying to improve my skills where it comes to Masculine cards.


I started off by pulling out all my IO CAC stamps so I could decide which ones to use to create my custom masculine style DP for my BG.  First I chose  I O's CAC Newsprint and  and stamped it onto some Parchment CS from my stash with Memento Rich Coco.  And then to add a little something extra, I used IO's CAC Spatter in two different shades of Distress ink, Brushed Corduroy and Tea Dye.  Then I just sponged on top and around the edges some Antique Linen and more Brushed Corduroy Distress ink.  I did two different version of this as the first one you see hear looked a bit overly Antiquey  to me lol, so I did a lighter version too.  Not sure which one I like best.. hmmm..


Anyway, to finish these two up was pretty easy..  I added a bit of digi DP from Basic Grey's Hang Ten collection, (that's the wood panel)  stamped my IO Sentiment with Memento Rich Coco onto a scrap of parchment CS from my stash, inked the edges with a little Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink and matted everything up with some dark brown CS from my stash. I Popped my Sentiment up with a few dimensionals and for my finishing touch, I added the cool masculine type brads which I colored up with my Copics to match. 

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend & thanks so much for dropping by!
Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Hey, Shannon, great card! I love how you did the background and the sentiment too! I want to thank you much for playing and also wish you good luck in the drawing.

    What photo program do you have? I might be able to help you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shannon love the cards they are wonderful I really struggle with male cards myself but these are great oh and loving the signature too
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful. I love the way you created this card. I struggle with the manly cards. Your signature is awesome. Dina is great...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card!!! Very masculine looking and just great. Also really like that signature!! SO CUTE!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving that newsprint background. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Father's Day card Shannon! Love all the distressing and the screws!

    ReplyDelete
  7. An outstanding man card!!! The screws were a perfect touch!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey girl! We sure do think alike! I just got some IO and inked it up for my card! :o
    Love the images and fabulous colors! Perfect make card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab man card Shannon!! I love the paper you created :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wanted you to know I loved your card. I also am now addicted to the CAC stamps from IO. I love how you made the newsprint look so aged. I just got that one and am going to give your card a try. I think it is a wonderful Father's Day card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this card!!!! I love the newsprint.. Looks great.

    ReplyDelete

I truly Love receiving your comments, they always make me smile... Thanks so much for taking the time to visit today... 8-)